Switching from hand-drawn or self-propelled mowers to zero turn lawn mowers usually come with some considerations and noteworthy changes to keep in mind.
- 23 hp/726 cc Kawasaki FR V-Twin Motor
- 52” fabricated deck is 4½” deep and made of 11-gauge steel
- Fully tubular steel frame
- Some owners report durability issues with refurbished models
Related: See our full list of Best Zero Turn Lawn Mower Reviews
My family and I moved to a new house, it was much bigger, had a very big lawn spanning a few acres. It was a huge property, to be honest. I had noticed the lawn area was looking a baby forest; shrubs and little vines spread randomly across the entire property.
I tried using the old self-propelled lawnmower we had with us. It took me over two days, and I was barely halfway done, mowing the entire property. My back and legs were sore from the work. That was a real problem, and there was only one solution. Buy a zero turn lawn mower.
It took a few days browsing through catalogs and different sites trying to get the zero-turn lawnmower that was just perfect for my needs. The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52 was an excellent choice,
Arriving in perfect condition a few days after I placed my order. This product trims the grasses on both medium-sized and large size yards effortlessly. Its fantastic 23 horsepower – 726 cc Kawasaki FR V-Twin engine makes it cut difficult terrains at the fastest speed.
I needed a lawnmower to help get rid of the shrubs, trim the grasses, and keep the vine looking weed off my property.
Variety of Cutting Options: Different grasses and different usually require different cutting jobs. The cutting pattern for the lawn in front of the house is usually different from the patterns on the rest of the property. The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52 offers a versatile range of cutting options with 3 cutting knives and up to thirteen adjustable cutting height settings between 1.5 to 4.5 inches more accurately with the turn of a knob.
- User-Friendly Build and Superb Design: The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52 comes with such ease in operation and allows room adjustment to suit my preferred options. The adjustable function on this zero turn lawn mower includes the adjustable wishbones, adjustable levers to make entry and exit easier, adjustable seat settings to ensure comfort while driving this equipment, and an adjustable deck setting to aid the tubular frame. This feature makes the machine-usable even at amateur levels.
- Kawasaki FR691 Engine: A 720cc series with a 23 horsepower strength makes speed and power a perfect combination for this lawnmower, such that I can rely on it to pull through difficult terrains.
- Hydraulic Transmission Function: It makes driving this great machine an easier task as it removes the need to physically change gears while driving. This function is most ideal in difficult slopes with shrubs and weed on the lawns. Operating this machine is just like driving a car with hydraulic transmission.
I’d tell you that the Kawasaki FR691 Engine was worth every dime I spent buying it. It takes me only a few hours to completely mow the grasses on my property. For me, this is a 4.7 out of 5.