Recently, I took up a mowing job for a school field that was about two acres in size, only to realize my standard mowers could not do the job. I had to make quick findings of a mower I could purchase in a bid to save face because this job was a huge deal for me. Luckily for me, I met someone who recommended the Troy-Bilt Mustang 54, and I must say, it really did deliver.
- 25 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek Twin Cylinder Engine
- Equipped with four deck gauge wheels
- large 54-inch high performance deck
- High maintenance
The Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 is a powerful and swift mower that delivers premium performance and covers large grounds in no time. It has high zero-turn maneuverability; it is very fuel-efficient, sturdy enough to cover large fields, and is also mulch compatible. All of which made it the ideal choice for my new contract.
Below are some features that spiked my interest in the Troy-Bilt Mustang 54:
- V-Twin 25 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine: The Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 is equipped with an exceptionally powerful engine that packs 25 HP of power. It has a capacity of 2.8gallons and is easy to clean and maintain. The engine produces low noise, low vibration, and is easy to start. It has an overhead-valve, which reduces the likelihood of overheating. This not only guarantees its life is prolonged but also ensures better fuel economy.
- 54-inch 3-blade Stamped Aluminum Deck: This product has a massive 54-inch deck, which is made of 13-gauge aluminum. The large deck makes it possible to cover large grounds with ease. Its triple-blade work with high precision both on flat terrains and hilly areas.
- Dual EZT hydrostatic transmission: The Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 comes equipped with dual hydro-gear hydrostatic transmission, which delivers responsive maneuverability and also guarantees a smoother ride.
- 8 Cutting Altitude Positions: The deck can be adjusted to 8 different cutting positions to suit your choice of height.
- Reinforced Frame and 3-inch Heavy-Duty Front Axle: This product has front caster wheels, which can be greased and also, front axle grease fittings, which makes it capable of handling tough terrain.
- Comfortable 18-inch High-Back Seat: The Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 comes with a high-back seat that has dual suspensions. This ensures a smooth ride even in bumpy terrains. It also has increased legroom to avoid cramping during long periods of mowing.
- 2-Way Adjustable Lap Bars: The lap bars used in controlling the mower are fully adjustable to fit riders of different sizes. They also engage the parking brake automatically when opened.
troy bilt mustang 54 vs toro timecutter
Right from the moment I laid my eyes on the Troy-Bilt Mustang 54, I knew it was going to be one of my favorites. It made my mulching experience much better and helped tackle the vastest landscapes. With the zero-turn radius, I was able to maneuver various obstacles easily and trim out even the trickiest corners of the field. The hydraulic steering throttles helped ensure that I left no parts untouched. I could not have been more satisfied with the result I got from its use. It is a 9 out of 10 for me.