There’s nothing that beats growing your own food. You get this fulfillment that you would not only be nourished in your body but also your spirit and mind, especially when you think about the time and effort you spend while growing the plant. I’ve always wanted to experience this. However, my biggest limitation was the fact that I did not have an outdoor space where I could grow plants. A friend told me about a recent trend, and this was the indoor garden. I decided to opt into this idea, and I got the Click and Grow Smart Garden 9.
- Wide selection of more than 40 plants
- Comes with 3 mini tomato, 3 basil and 3 green lettuce pods
- Could be built better
The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 is an indoor garden that is perfect for small spaces. This device allows you to grow 9 different plants at a time, which makes it more advances than the smaller version of the Smart Garden 3, which can only grow three plants at a time. This device has a lot of positive reviews from different happy customers, and this made me comfortable with the idea of getting it. It also comes with a starter kit and a replacement warranty.
I was pleased with the fact that this device is automatic, and all that was required of me is to add the plant capsule and water. There are a lot of benefits of using this device, which I have enjoyed, and I still enjoy it.
Here are some of these benefits:
- You get to produce that you will be happy to eat. You get to grow nutrient-dense and high-quality greens in your home.
- You can completely avoid the use of herbicides, GMOs, and pesticides, which are all toxic to both you and the plant.
- Steady access to fresh leafy greens, salads, and fruits.
- You get to harvest more and waste less.
Smart Garden 9 Dimensions
The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 is compact in size, and it has the following dimensions;
- Product height: 396 mm
- Product width: 604 mm
- Product depth: 184 mm
- Product weight: 2.4 kg
Other attributes include packaging. Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 comes in a very appealing package that has the following dimension:
- Package depth: 215 mm
- Package height: 215 mm
- Package width: 620 mm
- Package Weight: 3.4 kg
The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 comes with a water tank that has a capacity of 4L; it also has a cable that has a length of 2800 mm.
Smart Garden 9 Accessories
When the product first arrived, I was wondering what could possibly be inside the box. The size made me think it would be impossible to grow an indoor garden with this device. I opened the box, and I was marveled at what I saw.
Here are the accessories that come with the Click and Grow Smart Garden 9
- Glow Light: The glow light has an in-built timer. The glow light helps in adding beauty to your plant and also provides the plant with sufficient light for faster growth.
- Biodome: The biodome helps in creating a greenhouse effect, which increases the rate at which the plant grows.
- Water Tank: The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 has a self-watering tank that has a capacity of 4L. It also has a water level indicator that shows the level of water remaining in the tank.
- The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 has different slots that make it possible to grow 9 different plants at a time. It also makes use of Smart Soil that is completely biodegradable and does not require chemicals.
- pH Regulator: This helps in maintaining a constant pH condition for the plant in order to enhance the optimal growth of the plant.
Smart Garden 9 Setup
Setting up and making use of the Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 was very easy. I was able to achieve this with the following steps.
- The first thing to do is to open the package upon its arrival and place all the parts and accessories on a countertop.
- Next is to add the first extensions. It is important to ensure that the side with a groove on it is attached to an extension with a similar groove. This will make it possible to keep the cord in place.
- Fix the light
- The plant pods should then be taken, and the u-shaped lids removed in order to add the plant capsules. The u-shaped lids can then be placed back on the plant pods after the plant pods have been added. It is also important to label each plant pod so that you would be able to monitor their growth.
- Clear domes should be placed on the capsules to ensure the speedy germination of the plant. These domes can be removed as soon as germination begins.
- Fill the 4L water tank. This water is sufficient enough to last between three to four weeks.
- Next is to plug in the device. This will turn on the LED light. The light stays on for 16 hours daily and off for 8 hours. It is usually recommended that the light should be plugged in the morning. This is to ensure that light distraction and pollution is avoided at night.
- Your plant will begin to sprout within two to three weeks if these steps are followed.
Personally, I think the Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 is perfect for every home since it can be used to grow 9 different plants at a time. This gives you steady access to fresh food, fruits, greens, and other vegetables that are completely free from chemical pollution from herbicides and other insecticides.
This product is awesome, and I would give it a 5 out of 5-star review.