My family recently moved back home from the city, and getting someone to do the little lawn space in front of the house became a bit of a situation since our regular handyman was not around. Then I realized we’d have to get our lawnmower and do the needful on our property. After a bit of research and specification scrutiny, I finally settled for one of the best lawn mowing tools in the market today – The Greenworks 25142.
- 10 Amp Electric Motor
- Durable 16-Inch cutting deck
- 5 position height adjustment
- Short battery time
It is perfect for smaller sized yards, lawns and gardens. The product can be easily used, and this makes it great for everyone, even for those who are not very experienced in mowing, would still be able to keep a well-manicured lawn with the Greenworks 25142. An easy to operate equipment with both mulching and basket functions.
Here are some of the features that I enjoyed using this lawnmower
- Easy to Assemble: It was pretty straightforward to figure, almost fully assembled, just required a little tweaking and adjustments to get it running.
- Corded Electric Power Source: This particular feature is quite an environmentally friendly one, with no risk of pollution or contamination. No burden of sourcing for fuel or gas to power, unlike traditional models. No cost of batteries, too (some electric models use batteries). All it needed was an extension cord to suit the length I wanted.
- Amazing Design and Lightweight: The body is well built, made from solid plastic, and of durable quality. Its extreme lightweight feature and convenient size make it such that it moved around with such little ease, and it can be stored in a variety of different locations: my basement, garden shed, or my garage.
- Low Vibration: Taking a break from the usual high humming and very noisy lawnmower of the neighbors. My Greenworks 25142 works almost noiselessly, with a little vibration and a quiet hum.
One thing that surprised me when this device was delivered to my house was the fact that there was no need to assemble it. It was already assembled in the box, all that was needed was some minor adjustments, and it was ready for use. This is one feature you’d like about this mower.
With an almost flawless and sturdy design, this product feels like it’s sturdy build would last a long time. A few mowing on the lawn – cutting down northwest spring grass, trimming the sides of the shrubs and little fences. This mower comes with plenty of power. Quieter hums and low vibrations, there is a bag on the rear to collect dirt and an amazing mulching function too. The rear bag might seem a little small, but it does hold a lot of dirt. The mulching plug is a welcome addition, especially in drier weather.
Here’s something that’ll catch your attention if you have never used or owned a corded electronic lawnmower. This mower surpasses gas-powered mowers in many ways. For example, it is lighter in weight and does not vibrate nor make as much noise as the gas-powered mower. This mower does not require an air filter, tune-ups, gas, or oil. Powering this device is easy and can be achieved by pressing the power button.
Another interesting thing about this mower is that once you’ve started it and you squeeze the ball, you’d not need to pull or bend over because it will start up and continue running until the ball is released. There’s no need to specially devise a plan on how you’d mow your lawn. You also don’t need to learn how to manage the cord, even though using it is the main adjustment. I used only a few mowing sessions before I got comfortable with everything about this mower. My GreenWorks 25142 Lawn Mower is small in size, and as such, using and storing it is very easy. When compared with other lawnmowers, this 10 Amp lawnmower is lightweight and well-built.
To me, you get the exact value for your money with this one, and I’d give it a full 5/5 rating.