My company was recently employed to mow an open space, which was around 3.5 acres in size. This open space was to be used for an event the following day, and the organizers were running out of time. They had initially employed another company who for some reasons, left them hanging. Luckily for me, upon recommendation of one of my staff, I had just purchased the Husqvarna MZ61 the previous week and had been longing to put it to work. I had so much confidence in the fact that this exceptional mower would help me deliver beyond their expectation.
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged
- High-back seat with armrests
- You might need to check for any loose screws occasionally
The Husqvarna MZ61, a sturdy and heavy duty zero-turn mower, and an entry-level commercial unit that comes with pace-setting features and has a quality build. This product is powerful and efficient, and its advanced features make it capable of mowing a large terrain quickly without any hassle.
Related: Ariens Zoom 34 Review
Asides the pretty exterior, the Husqvarna MZ61 has a number of amazing features that would interest you.
- 27 HP Briggs and Stratton Endurance and a V-Twin Engine: The Husqvarna MZ61 has a powerful and proficient engine that provides reliable startups and also, high ground speeds. The engine packs 27 HP of power with a 5-gallon fuel tank capacity. It is capable of going up to 8.5mph in forward drive and 5mph in reverse. This makes it possible to cover 3-4 acres of land under an hour.
- 61-inch Fabricated Steel Cutting Deck with a Deck Lifting System: The huge cutting deck of this product is another interesting feature it possesses. The cutting deck is 61-inches and is made of fabricated steel of high quality for heavy-duty strength and durability. It has 3 strong and powerful blades that produce a precise, well-manicured cut. The deck has 12 different cutting heights that can be easily controlled to suit the required grass height.
- Hydro-Gear ZT3100 Hydrostatic Transmission: The hydrostatic gear transmission makes it capable of efficiently mowing both lawns that are completely flat and those that are bumpy. It provides absolute control and the required power to effortlessly mow all kinds of lawn surfaces.
- Excellent Design and Air Induction Technology: The overall design of the Husqvarna MZ61 is stunning. This machine is very easy to use. It has a high-back seat that comes with armrests, vibration dampeners, and hand-grips that are foam-padded, all of which increases the comfort of the operator during long hours of mowing. The air induction technology draws air from both the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass lift and providing a superior cut.
- Zero-Turn Hydraulic Wheel-Drive and Removable Foot Pan: The steering system provides very precise maneuvering, which allows the mower to avoid obstacles in its path. The foot pan is removable, making the spindles and deck belt pulleys easily accessible. There is also the option of bagging, mulching, or discharging the grass clippings with the aid of the triple-bag collection system.
If you are new to zero-turn mowers, it might take some time to get used to the speed and agility of this product, but once you get the hang of it, you would enjoy a great time handling it. It is advisable to take it slow at first until you fully grasp how to handle the speed and agility of this amazing product.
Husqvarna MZ61 vs Ariens Apex 60
Husqvarna MZ611 and Ariens Apex 60 are comparable ride on zero turn lawn mowers in a lot of aspects. Main differences are the MZ61 has a 27 hp Briggs & Stratton engine, while the Apex 60 has two available motor versions, powered by a 24 HP Kawasaki engine, or a 25 HP Kohler engine. Both mowers are commercially rated and great for heavy duty work.
Husqvarna MZ61 vs MZT61
I looked it up and the only difference I found is the engine. The MZ61 is powered by a 27 hp Briggs & Stratton engine and available in the USA. MZT61 on the other hand is sold in New Zealand and Australia, and has a 24 hp Kawasaki engine. The latter is more like an entry level zero turn mower. With it's much more powerful engine, the MZ61 suits heavy duty work better.
Both mowers come with 4 year warranty
The Husqvarna MZ61 was designed with productivity, performance, and comfort in mind. Even though this product has extraordinary power and speed, it affords complete control and maximum comfort. As expected, I finished my project in no time at all, and the employers were beyond satisfied with the outcome. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10.