I recently retired and have been trying my hands-on new stuff and developing new hobbies, just to pass time. Usually, I hire someone to do both my front and back lawns whenever it gets too bushy and becomes uncomfortable to look at. But sitting on my balcony the other day and watching my neighbor trim his lawn so beautifully and in no time at all, I decided that it was time to get a new hobby. After a few chit-chats, he recommended the Poulan Pro PX46Z mower, which he has been using for a couple of years now.
- Mulching and bagger capable
- 46" Steelguard vented deck
- 22Hp V-twin Briggs & Stratton engine
- Some parts are plastic
- Not easiest to drive riding mower
The Poulan Pro PX46Z zero turn mower is powerful and efficient. It is easy to operate, provides superior comfort, and has fast ground speeds, which is a plus for me considering that I have a considerably spacious yard. This mower is excellent for large yards and provides a hassle-free maneuver around obstacles like flower beds, shrubs, and trees. It is built to handle any task with an amazing degree of ease.
Below is a list of some interesting features of the Poulan Pro PX46Z:
- Steel Guard Cutting Deck: The cutting deck of the Poulan Pro PX46Z mower possesses welded steel reinforcement, steel belt shields, and heavy scalp roller brackets. These contribute to its high-performance cutting and ability to handle tough obstacles.
- Vented Cutting Deck: Proper air circulation is facilitated by the mower’s high-performance air induction cutting deck. This enables it to have an excellent cut quality, grass dispersal, and bagging performance, even in heavy conditions.
- Spring-Assisted Deck Lift: This machine has a spring-assisted deck lift, which is easy to access and lever operated. This gives room for simple, smooth, and fast adjustments for different grass cutting heights.
- Briggs & Stratton Engine: The Poulan Pro PX46Z is equipped with a formidable Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder 22 HP engine, which makes it powerful and efficient. It is a less noisy but top-performing engine that works efficiently and makes it best suited for the residential setting.
- Service-Friendly Access: It has a removable footplate, which allows for easy access to the cutting deck for both cleaning and service.
- Dual Steering: The Poulan Pro PX46Z possesses ergonomic lap bars that are easy to operate and have foam-padded grips that provide ultimate control and comfort.
- High Back Seat: It has a high back seat which makes it comfortable and accommodating as it ensures that your back is arched and better supported compared to most mowers,
- Zero-Turn Radius: This product has a zero-turn, the front wheels turn on a spot which prompts the rest of the mower to stay on course. The result of this is a perfectly finished lawn with no grass patches in the middle.
The Poulan Pro PX46Z mower also possesses an electric clutch that engages the mower blades with just a simple flip of a switch. It likewise has three anti-scalp deck wheels, which reduce the risk of damaging the lawn when mowing uneven terrain. Some of the other convenient features of the Poulan Pro PX46Z include a water hose connector, optional headlights, and a maintenance and service reminder.
The delivery was fast, and the packaging was excellent, I was able to do the assembling in no time at all. I particularly enjoy using this product because it is comfortable to operate, has amazing maneuverability, cuts well, and has a low vibration. Now, I do not allow my lawn to get too bushy before trimming. It is a 9.5 out of 10 for me.